Upgrade an old-school lunchbox snack with my crowd-pleasing wagon wheels. Made using a generous layer of strawberry jam and coated in indulgent dark chocolate, these tasty treats make the perfect picnic snack.
For the biscuit layer:
375g crushed digestives biscuits
For the jam layer:
6tbsp strawberry jam
2 gelatine sheets
White marshmallow fluff
For the chocolate glaze:
500g dark chocolate
1. Start by blitzing the digestive biscuits into a crumb.
2. Melt the butter and pour into the digestives.
3. Mix and place in the bottom of six 6cm round moulds.
4. Place in the fridge to set.
5. Place the jam in a saucepan and the gelatine in a bowl covered in water.
6. Bring the jam to a boil and then add the gelatine once soft. Mix.
7. Pour 1tbsp of jam on top of the biscuits and leave in the fridge to set.
8. Place the marshmallow fluff in a piping bag and carefully, on top of the jam, pipe in a circular motion to cover the jam.
9. Set in the fridge.
10. Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie and temper to 35 degrees.
11. Carefully remove the Wagon wheels from their moulds and transfer to a cooling wire rack with greaseproof underneath.
12. Pour the chocolate over each Wagon wheel and leave to set in the fridge. You may need to cover with a second coat.
13. Once set in the fridge, use a hot pallet knife to carefully remove from the wire rack and serve!