Next up in my Summer series for Falcon Enamelware is this fresh, light recipe for Herb and Lemon Cauliflower Tabbouleh with Pomegranate and Mint.
This beautiful salad is a perfect sharing dish for alfresco dining and barbecues; it’s a brilliant accompaniment for fish and meat or makes a great veggie/vegan main.
Herb & Lemon Cauliflower Tabbouleh with Pomegranate & Mint
Serves 8 – 10
2 x whole cauliflower
2 x lemons, zest and juice
3 tbsp chopped parsley
3 tbsp chopped mint
1 x pomegranate, deseeded
1 bunch spring onions
6 x Heirloom tomatoes
50g Flaked almonds, toasted
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Maldon sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160C fan.
2. Prepare the cauliflower by removing the leaves (set these aside) and cutting the head into small pieces.
3. Blitz the chopped cauliflower in a food processor until it looks similar to couscous in size.
4. Finely slice up the leaves and add to the cauliflower, coat in olive oil, season with salt and lay out on a baking tray.
5. Roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool.
6. Meanwhile, finely slice the spring onions and dice the cucumber and tomatoes.
7. Once the cauliflower has cooled, mix in all the other ingredients, season with the lemon juice and salt. Top with the flaked almonds.
8. Serve on a gorgeous plate or tray and enjoy!