Earlier this month I shared an exclusive seared code recipe from our seasonal menu at Soane’s Kitchen and it went down so well, I thought you might like to try this delicious vegetarian dish too. Veggies often get overlooked at dinner parties – this Middle Eastern inspired dish will have even meat eaters wanting more.
1 whole cauliflower
1 tsp rose harissa
Chopped flat leaf parsley
1 glove of garlic – crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
½ bunch parsley – picked
Seeds of ½ pomegranate – keep the juice to drizzle over
2 tbsp toasted almonds
1. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut two large steaks from the cauliflower.
2. In a food processor, blitz the rest of the cauliflower and divide the mixture in two.
3. In a bowl, mix one half with the herbs and set aside
4. Next make the puree. In a medium saucepan, heat the cream and butter and blend with the other half of the blitzed cauliflower.
5. Rub the harissa over the sliced cauliflower steaks and sear on a hot griddle until cooked.
6. Make the dressing by mixing the garlic, tahini, lemon juice, zest and harissa. Season and taste.
7. Place the puree on the bottom of the plate, followed by the couscous and cauliflower steak. Cover with the dressing and top with parsley, almonds and pomegranate seeds.