With the weather looking prime for Bank Holiday barbecuing this weekend, I shared my favourite Chorizo Brunch Burger recipe with Sheerluxe. I love dining al fresco and my delicious Chorizo Brunch Burger is the ultimate BBQ dish; forget sad sausages and burnt burgers, this is the best reason to fire up the coals!
For the burgers:
- 160g of chorizo, finely chopped
- 250g of minced beef
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 sprig of thyme leaves
For the relish:
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ a red onion, finely diced
- ½ a clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of paprika
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of chopped fresh parsley
- Large handful of rocket
- 2 burger buns, halved
- To make the burgers, place the chorizo, minced beef and paprika in a bowl and use your hands to combine. Put in the fridge for approximately 10 minutes. Once out, form 4 patties and season with a few pinches of sea salt.
- While the burger mix is in the fridge, mix the relish ingredients together in a bowl and season.
- Cook the patties on a hot barbecue (or in a hot griddle pan) for 3-4 minutes on either side.
- Use the cooler side of the barbecue to gently toast the buns, this will only take a couple of minutes.
- Spread both the top and bottom side of the bun with the relish.
- To garnish, add the rocket and either freshly sliced avocado or a fried egg.