Why only have a hot cross bun for breakfast over Easter when you can have it for dessert too? Two of my favourite things combined in one – hot cross buns + cheesecake… delicious! Add chocolate, fresh berries and any other sweet treats that take your fancy to this sharing dessert board of dreams.
Pair this with a Baileys Bottled Milk Punch and you’re in for a treat…
For the base:
For the cheesecake filling:
For the decoration:
100g green pistachio
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter a 20cm cake tin.
- Place the ginger biscuits in a food processor and blitz until chopped into very small pieces then add the sultanas and mixed peel and blitz again just once or twice to combine.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then mix in the cinnamon followed by the biscuit mixture.
- Add to the cake tin, press down a little with the back of a teaspoon then bake on a tray in the oven for 10 mins until crisp and golden.
- Leave to cool, then turn oven down to 150C/130C fan /gas 2.
- Whisk together all the cheesecake filling ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the tin. Carefully slide it into the oven and cook for 25-30 mins until just set. The mixture should still be ever so slightly wobbly when gently tapped. Don’t worry if it dips a little or cracks.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before covering with cling film and putting in the fridge. You can make to this point up to 2 days ahead.
- To make the decoration simply roast the pistachio in the oven, once cooled chop finely with a knife, sprinkle on the cheesecake with plenty of fresh orange zest.
- Serve on a gorgeous cake stand.