In need of some inspiration for lockdown lifestyle to mix up your at-home routine or it’s your turn to make the socially distanced dinner party pudding? Look no further. My Lemon & Raspberry Tart recipe is easy to make at home and will definitely add some brightness to your weekly meal plan.
As we head into raspberry season, this is a delicious way to enjoy one of my favourite Summer fruits.
1 x ready-made sweet pastry case or ready-made pastry
140g castor sugar
150ml double cream
140g frozen raspberries
1 tbsp icing sugar
Juice and zest of 3 lemons
- If using ready-made pastry sheet, roll it out and line a 9inch tart tin.
- Use a fork to poke a few holes on the bottom of the pastry. Refrigerate for 30mins.
- Line with a baking parchment and fill with baking beans, or rice. Cook at 140c for 10 mins. Take out of the oven, remove the baking beans and cook for another 20mins or until golden brown. Leave to cool.
- In a medium pan on low heat, melt the raspberries with the icing sugar until you achieve a loose, jam-like consistency. Add more water if needed. Leave aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, make the filling by whisking the eggs, cream and sugar.
- Add in the lemon zest and raspberry mixture, whisk together and place into the tart tin.
- Cook for 30 – 35mins or until just set