Two classic British traditions rolled into one heavenly dessert. A gorgeous end to a picnic or barbecue, serve these sweet little treats with a generous serving of whipped cream, mint & fresh strawberries or if you’re feeling daring, add black coconut ice-cream for a winning Summer pudding.
150g egg whites
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat the oven to 120 degrees.
2. Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites to soft peak.
3. Add a tablespoon of sugar into the egg white at a time.
4. Once all incorporated, paint three lines in your piping bag with the strawberry puree. Be careful not to smudge.
5. Transfer half the meringue mixture into the prepared piping bag and pipe meringue kisses onto the tray.
6. To make a ‘meringue kiss’ touch the piping bag on the baking sheet, squeezing the mix and lift up.
7. Place in the oven for 40-60 minutes. To check they are cooked, after 40 minutes peel one meringue from the baking sheet. If it removes easily without any mixtureb remaining, they are cooked.
8. Leave to cool and serve.