Cross over to the dark of the dinner table and get on board with the black food trend that’s taking social media by storm. A feast for the eyes and the taste buds, this Venetian classic created for Habitat looks brilliant and is certainly a table talking point.
2 squid tubes
1 tsp squid ink
100 ml fish stock
½ head of cauliflower
100ml double cream
- Start by preparing your squid by cleaning the tubes and cutting into small rice size pieces.
- To make the cauliflower puree, roughly chop the cauliflower and place in a pan.
- Add the cream, milk and butter, on a medium heat on the hob cook through. Then strain and blend to a smooth puree consistency.
- To make the risotto, place the squid in a pan on a medium heat, add the fish stock and cook for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower puree and cook for a further 30 seconds, adding in the squid ink and lemon juice – taste and season accordingly.
- Plate up and garnish with cauliflower shavings – add a sprinkling of white borage flowers if you have them handy.
Discover this recipe and simple styling tips to make black foods and black tableware work for every occasion on the Habitat website.