Treat your mum this Mother’s Day with a tasty homemade treat, like this delicious Pear, Honey & Pistachio loaf cake by my brilliant chefs at Social Pantry. This simple but flavour-packed recipe is perfect for both baking novices and cake pro’s – so there’s no excuse not to treat your special lady. Serve on a beautiful plate, decorated with some beautiful linen (my current fave is Thornback & Peel) and a cup of something warm for the ultimate indulgent treat.
250g unsalted butter (save 2 tbsp for the pears)
4 peeled and chopped pears
300g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
340g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
50g green pistachios
1. Pre heat your oven to 180C/160C Fan.
2. Add the chopped pears and 2 tbsp butter into a small saucepan and soften over a gentle heat, allowing the pieces to caramelise. This should take around 5-10 minutes.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Meanwhile, cream the butter and sugar together in a standing mixer, once light, add the vanilla extract and the eggs, one by one.
5. Mix in the milk and honey until combined.
6. Stir in the pear mixture. Pour into a prepared loaf tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked.
7. Allow to cool and then drizzle with icing and crushed green pistachios.