Sweet potato is brilliantly versatile and totally delicious – this is a wonderfully more-ish salad that you’ll find yourself going back for more again and again. Pile your potatoes high on a beautiful board or serving platter for a winning crowd pleaser at social gatherings.
To feed 6 hungry people
4 sweet potatoes
Olive oil for brushing
1 garlic clove, crushed
60g edamame beans
60g garden peas
1 bunch spring onion
1 punnet of roasted cherry tomatoes
1 bunch chopped basil
20g sunflower seeds
20g toasted almonds
Zest of 1 lemon
Cracked black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp good quality olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180c.
2. Wash the sweet potatoes and slice horizontally or into 1cm thick discs.
3. Brush with oil and garlic and lightly season with salt and pepper, place on a hot griddle pan. Grill until nicely marked.
4. Finish off in the oven on 180 for 10 – 12 minutes, or until tender.
5. Mix the dressing ingredients in a jar and season to taste.
6. In a bowl mix all the other ingredients, except the nuts, season and pour over the dressing.
7. On a plate build the salad and sprinkle with seeds.
8. Serve on a gorgeous plate. Enjoy!