Sweet roasted aubergine and nutty black rice, what’s not to love?! This is a stunning and simple combination of quality ingredients that you’ll easily find in your local supermarket. Dish it up as a more-ish side at social gatherings or serve as a main for a wholesome veggie dinner.
200g wild rice
Bunch of mint
Bunch of flat leaf parsley
- Pre-heat the over to 190C.
- Dice the aubergine and then dress in oil, salt and sumac. Roast for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Cook the wild rice in seasoned water until tender and place to the side to cool.
- Pick the herbs into small leafs, be generous here – you can never have too many fresh herbs!
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in the oven for 10 mins at 170C or until lightly browned.
- Combine all the ingredients in a sharing sized bowl, dress with extra virgin oil and a sprinkling of herbs.
Discover this recipe and simple styling tips to make black foods and black tableware work for every occasion on the Habitat website.