A sea bass ceviche is the ultimate dinner party dish – it’s delicious, simple to make and you’ll most certainly wow your guests. This gorgeous recipe was created as the perfect sharing style starter board for the #SharingSeries in partnership with Diageo. Fill full a kilnar dispenser of this Smirnoff Aerated Punch cocktail and you’ll have the perfect talking point for the start of your dinner.
2 sticks celery
½ white onion
½ red chilli
½ bunch coriander
knob of fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic
200ml lime juice
Sweet potato & red onion side:
2 sweet potatoes
½ red onion
1 bunch of chives
1. Blend all ingredients in a food processor, pass and pour over the sea bass
fillets. Leave for 2-3 hours.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into rough sized cubes and roast in the oven
with olive oil and salt at 180c until cooked.
3. Slice the red onion thinly and marinade in the ceviche liquid with the sea bass.
4. For the chive oil, take the chives and blanch in boiling water, refresh in ice-cold water. Squeeze out the water and blend in a blender with olive oil until green. Season to taste.
5. Get a great serving platter you can be proud of out of the cupboard.
6. To serve, portion the seabass fillets so there is enough to for each guest, build the salad with the sweet potato and onion slices at the bottom, place on the seabass and drizzle with oil.