In my eyes, this recipe is the perfect weekend brunch dish, who doesn’t love pancakes?! Using sweet potato takes these to the next level – add a drizzle of maple syrup and you’re on to a winner.
350g sweet potatoes
200g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
Pinch of Maldon sea salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 free-range eggs, beaten
300ml whole milk
50ml almond milk
50g butter, melted
Hazelnuts, whole and chopped
1. Cook the sweet potatoes in the oven until cooked through. Leave to cool, halve and spoon out the filling into a sieve. Place over a bowl to let all the moisture drip out for an hour.
2. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk and butter and beat until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
4. Slowly combine the potatoes with the wet and dry ingredients to form a batter.
5. Cook the pancakes in a lightly greased, preheated heavy frying pan until golden brown.
6. Serve warm drizzled with nuts, syrup, berries and anything else you fancy!