This crunchy, colourful salad (as featured in S Mag) is beautifully fresh and simple to prepare for a crowd. Being a caterer means you require a lot of variations on classic meals, I’m a huge fan of this particular dish because it’s so versatile and quick – ideal for BBQ season too! Feel free to pimp up your broccoli with your favourite cheese (ricotta and feta work well) or even BBQ’d sweetcorn straight from the coals.
To feed 6 hungry people
2 broccoli heads
2 whole large red chilli
2 cloves of garlic
20g pumpkin seeds
80g pomegranate seeds
Juice of of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
100g washed rocket
100g feta cheese
3tsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
1 pinch of Malden sea salt
1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180c.
2. Slice the broccoli heads in half and brush with garlic and oil.
3. Place a griddle pan, alternatively a frying pan, on a high heat. When it’s hot, griddle the broccoli.
4. Once marked, drizzle with oil and lemon juice, cook for a further 10 minutes in the oven at 180c, until tender.
5. Season the broccoli with salt and pepper, cover with seeds, cheese, salad leaves and lemon zest
6. Serve on a gorgeous plate. Enjoy!