Tiramisu pancakes, YES PLEASE! Hurrah for Pancake Day…the perfect excuse for everyone to indulge in a sweet treat. Forget the classic flavours, I’ve been getting creative with my pancake toppings this year including this delicious Tiramisu recipe – enjoy!
- 280g plain flour
- 450ml whole milk
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 3 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 240ml double cream
- 115g mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp Tia Maria
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Coco powder
- Handful toasted almonds
- Firstly, make the cream filling. Beat all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and whip until you have soft peaks. Set aside in the fridge whilst you prepare the pancakes.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and cocoa powder.
- Add the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk and instant coffee powder until fully dissolved. Whisk in the eggs, melted butter and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing gently until you have a batter without any large clumps of flour. If batter is too runny, add a tablespoon of flour.
- Cook the pancakes on a hot, greased griddle pan. When bubbles appear and the edges easily come away from the pan, flip and cook the other side.
- Once the pancakes are cooked, transfer to a plate. Whilst warm, layer the pancakes with a generous amount of the cream filling and dust with sifted cocoa powder.
- Add a handful of toasted flaked almonds for a delicious crunchy finish and serve on a beautiful plate.